The Form 471 is an indication of which vendor has been selected to provide services and the amount of funding being requested
- Lists selected service providers and eligible services that have been chosen as a result of the FCC Form 470
- Identifies the eligible schools and libraries that will receive the services
- Calculates how much funding support is being sought
- Describes requested services and products in detail
- Used to communicate the discount percentage to which the applicant is entitled
- Certifies the applicant's compliance with program rules
The following timing constraints are applicable to the Form 471:
- USAC announces an application filing window each year that generally opens about six months before the start of the funding year and is typically open for about two and a half months
- The earliest date that a Form 471 can be filed will be the date established as the opening date of the Form 471 application window.
- The Form 471 cannot be filed until the Form 470 has been posted for at least 28 days and a contract has been signed and dated. The Form 470 Receipt Notification Letter provides the Allowable Contract Date.
- The form must be submitted by 11:59PM Eastern Time on or before the date that the application filing window closes.
The following steps must be completed:
- The applicant submits and certifies a completed FCC Form 471 using their EPC account
LEARN MORE Learn more about the Form 471
- After the form is received, USAC issues an FCC Form 471 Receipt Acknowledgment Letter (RAL) to the applicant and the service provider
- Program Integrity Assurance (PIA) reviews the form
- USAC makes a funding decision on the application
- USAC issues a Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL)
You can organize your Form 471 filings into as many separate forms as works for you (such as filing a separate form for each service provider or each type of service).
File for Category One services and Category Two services on separate forms.
Save the following documentation:
- Copies of mechanisms used to gather NSLP data
- A copy of the completed Form 471
- Any spreadsheets used to calculate projected costs
- FCC Form 471 Receipt Acknowledgement Letter
- A copy of all documentation submitted during review
- Funding Commitment Decision Letter